CR2 is a RAW photo format used by Canon digital camera that contains minimally processed data from image sensor. More often, when you capture images using Canon digital camera then all the photos are saved in memory card as CR2 file format. Usually, most of the photographers prefer CR2 as the file format of their captured pictures to get high definition digital photos. However, quite significantly problems incur when you may lose your captured CR2 photo files due to various data loss situations like abrupt removal of memory card. In such unforeseen situations, one can simply make use of Advanced Photo Recovery software. This software is capable enough to recover Canon CR2 picture file and supports other RAW image formats likes CRW.
One can employ this user-friendly software to retrieve RAW CR 2 photo files stored on memory card of types like SD card, SDHC, SDXC, etc supported by SanDisk, Transcend, Kingston, LaCie, etc. Also, one can employ this user friendly software to perform recovery of other RAW picture files like Nikon (NEF), Sony (SR2, SRF), OLYMPUS (ORF), MINOLTA (MRW) etc. As there are high possibilities, that you might lose CR2 photo files from your Canon digital cameras due to various causes like accidental deletion, sudden formatting, file system corruption, severe virus or malware attacks, etc. To get rid of such unfortunate photo loss scenarios, one should quickly opt for Picture Recovery software. In addition, one can make use of this software to recover photos from corrupted memory card used in mobile phone, card reader, etc.
What are the Possible Causes behind RAW CR2 Photo file loss?
- There can be instance, where you end up abrupt or improper removal of Canon camera memory card connected to your system. As a result of this, memory card get corrupt making entire CR2 photo file inaccessible.
- Sometimes, you may accidentally press "Delete All" button on Canon digital camera, which can lead to deletion of CR2 images from Canon camera.
- At times, you may accidentally format Canon digital camera memory card connected to your machine via card reader. As a result of this, you may lose CR2 photo file.
- Most commonly, when you connect Canon digital camera to one of the virus infected PC or laptop. As a result of this, entire CR2 photo file collection becomes inaccessible.
- At certain instances, whenever you make use of same memory card in different storage devices can result in file system corruption. This can make entire CR2 photo file inaccessible.
- Using unreliable third party tool can make you lose entire CR2 photo file stored on Canon camera.
In order to overcome the above discussed causes behind RAW CR2 photo file, one should always maintain proper CR2 photo file backup to other storage device. Immediately stop using the Canon camera to avoid RAW CR2 photo loss. Otherwise, you can quickly make use of Photo Recovery software to get back CR2 photo file within few mouse clicks. Make use of this program to restore image file formats like JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc , video file formats such as AVI, MOV, MPEG, etc , audio file formats like MP3, WAV, etc. This software can retrieve CR2 photo file that are lost from formatted, reformatted or inaccessible memory card with great ease. Almost all picture file formats from flash drive, and other removable drives can be recovered by making use of this software.
Besides, you can even get back photo files from other professional DSLR digital camera and camcorder manufacturers such as Kodak, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Minolta, etc. Moreover, one can sort the recovered CR2 files from list of recovered data using .cr2 file format. It allows you to preview and save recovered CR2 files along with other data to destination folder on your host computer. It supports to retrieve CR2 picture files from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS 5, ExFAT, HFS and HFS+ file system. Besides, it can also recover photos from formatted SD card on Mac machines with great ease. This software can retrieve RAW CR2 photo files compatible on latest versions of Windows OS 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, etc and Mac OS X Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, etc. Further, you can employ this ready to use tool to get back images from Memory Stick Pro Duo within few mouse clicks.
Things to Remember:
- Regularly backup crucial RAW CR2 photo file from Canon camera to prevent photo loss.
- One should immediately stop using Canon camera to avoid data overwriting that can make entire photos inaccessible
- Always install genuine antivirus software on your machine to prevent severe virus or malware attacks
Steps to Recover CR2 Photo File from Canon Camera:
- Connect the Canon digital camera to the computer via USB cables or connect the memory card via card reader. Download and install the demo version of this software in the hard drive of your computer. After successful installation, select “RECOVER PHOTOS” from the main screen.
- After that you will get a new window with options such as “RECOVER DELETED PHOTOS” and “RECOVER LOST PHOTOS”. Choose the 1st option to recover deleted photos.
- After that select the Canon digital camera or the memory card as the logical drive from which the images are to be recovered and then click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After scanning is completed, you can see all the images recovered from the Canon camera. You can preview the recovered photos by clicking on "Preview" option.
Fig 1 : Main Screen
Fig 2 : Select Recovery Option
Fig 3 : Select Canon CR2 Photo File
Fig 4 : Preview Recovered Photos