Unable to access the NEF images from your Nikon D800 DSLR?
We offer you the best solution to your problem and assure you that after going through this site you will be able to find out the exact reason behind the inaccessibility of the NEF images of your Nikon camera and could be able to recover them as well.
This is because; the digital photo recovery software is one of the most trusted photo recovery software which guarantees 100% safe and risk free recovery procedure without modifying the original contents of the lost NEF images. That is why the software has been appreciated and recommended by most of the Shareware Experts. You can also restore Canon PowerShot Camera pictures deleted by selecting “Delete All” option or due to formatting the memory card.
Since you are unable to identify the reason behind the NEF images loss, a brief knowledge about the NEF image loss scenario will help you out in the image recovery process.
Scenarios responsible for NEF image loss:
- Interruption in read / write process: Any interruption in the read / write process (like transferring or downloading NEF images from the memory card of the digital camera to the computer) may corrupt the images in the digital camera causing inaccessibility of the images. The interruption may occur in so many ways but some common reasons are:
- The memory card is removed from the digital camera while the transfer process is on
- The memory card is pulled out while camera is still on
- Camera is switched off immediately after clicking the images
- The camera shuts down unexpectedly while the transfer process is not completed due to any related battery issue
- Accidental Deletion: This type of situations mostly occurs to first time users and amateurs. The images might have deleted without the user’s knowledge. The images might have deleted in any of the following ways:
- Emptying the Recycle Bin or Trash Bin folder
- Deleting the pictures using Shift + Del keys
- Accidentally formatting the memory card using Format option
- Pressing Delete All option while previewing the pictures in the digital camera
- Antivirus Scanning: If the memory card of the digital camera is virus infected, then we perform anti virus scanning to get rid of the memory card corruption. If some of the images are severely infected and cannot be repaired by the antivirus scanner, then the antivirus program will simply delete the images to make the system secure. Hence, those images will be lost. To know more deatils to recover photos lost during data transfer from Camera. Click here, https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/retrieve-images-lost-from-flash-memory-card-during-data-transfer.html.
- Improper Handling: The NEF images may be lost due to improper handling of the digital camera. Some examples of the improper usage are mentioned below:
- Clicking the images continuously can corrupt the clicked images
- Clicking images while the digital camera is low on battery
- Accidentally removing the USB cable of the digital camera from the computer while the images are being downloaded
- Clicking the images even after the memory card of the camera is full on memory
How can you increase the recovery chances of the lost NEF images?
- Switch off the digital camera as well as take out the memory card of the digital camera and keep it unused. Never write any new data into that memory card to avoid permanent loss of the lost pictures.
- Never install the digital photo recovery software on the memory card itself, because; it may overwrite the lost pictures in the memory card. You can install the software to your computer’s hard drive and connect the digital camera or memory card to the computer while executing the recovery process.
- You should use the trial version of any photo recovery software first. This will enable you in evaluating the recovery chances of your lost pictures as well as the efficiency of the photo recovery software.
- You can definitely buy the full version of the photo recovery software, after you are satisfied with its trial version.
The effective functionalities of digital photo recovery software:
- This software easily recover NEF images from Nikon D800 camera and other different professional DSLRs including Canon (CRW and CR2), Nikon (NEF), Sony (ARW), Olympus (ORF), Minolta (MRW), Pentax (PEF and DNG), Fujifilm (RAF), Sigma (X3F) and many more and it can even undelete digital images from CF card on Mac OS X Lion and other version of Mac operation system. For more details, click here https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/restore-cf-card-images-on-mac-osx-lion.html.
- Other than RAW images, the software also recovers standard photo file formats such as JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIF, TIFF etc.
- The software enables you to quite easily restore pictures from SanDisk microSDHC card along with different other storage devices such as Mini SD card, XD card, Multi Media Card (MMC), USB memory card, Hard drive (SATA / ATA / PATA / SCSI / IDE etc.), Pen drive, Floppy Drive, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick DUO, Memory Stick PRO DUO, Compact Flash Card, Digital Cell Phone, Digital Camera, Camcorder, FireWire Drive, Apple iPod (like Mini, Classic, Shuffle, Nano) and many more.
- Apart from RAW images, the advanced photo recovery software is also capable of retrieving over 200 file formats including photos, videos and audios both on Windows and Mac OS X.
- The software supports digital photo recovery on various popular brands of memory card like Kingston, SanDisk, Transcend, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, HP, Toshiba, Lexar and many more.
- It recover images from various popular Nikon camera models such as Nikon D5000, Nikon 7600, Nikon Coolpix 3700 etc.
Note: Make a click on https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/sony-cybershot-camera.html, if you want to restore deleted pictures from Sony Cybershot camera with this tool.
Steps to Recover NEF Images from Nikon D800 Camera:
- Connect the digital camera to the computer via USB cables or connect the memory card via card reader. Download and install the demo version of the Advanced Photo Recovery software in the hard drive of your computer. After successful installation, select “Recover Photos” from the main screen.
- After that you will get a new window with options such as “Recover Deleted Photos” and “Recover Lost Photos”. Choose the 2nd option.
- After that select the digital camera or the memory card as the logical drive from which the images are to be recovered and then click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After scanning is completed, you can see all the images recovered from the Nikon digital camera
Fig 1: Main Screen
Fig 2: Choose Mode
Fig 3: Choose Nikon D800 DSLR Camera
Tips to prevent picture loss in the future:
- Use UPS to avoid image loss due to power fluctuation.
- The best option to prevent image loss in the future is to backup the important images on a regular basis.
- Use latest antivirus program to prevent image corruption due to virus attack.