How to Recover Image files from CF card on Mac Lion OS X
With the fast growth in technology, the purpose of cell phones and digital camera turns out to be strong and expanded. Nowadays, more and more cell phones and digital cameras are equipped with the advanced features like internet, FM, digital cameras etc. So, everyone wants to have their own cell phones with these advanced features especially with camera to store wonderful moments. Although the capabilities of mobile phones improved significantly, internal storage of cell phones remained comparatively low. If you download some images, ringtones, songs or any applications, internal memory of your cell phone become full you are not able to save large amount of data. To avoid this problem cell phones use external phone memory in the form of memory cards, which are portable storage devices and works like hard drives. Unlike hard drives, memory cards are less prone to mechanical damages but, there are more chances of logical failures in memory card. Sometimes, by mistake if your image files get deleted or lost while transferring files from your CF card to Mac OS X Lion, then you can easily recover CF card files on Mac OS X Lion using advanced photo recovery software.
Mac OS X Lion is also known as Mac OS X 10.7 is an advanced version of Mac operating system, which was released with 250+ features such as Mission Control, Multi – Touch Gestures, Full – Screen Applications, etc. Mac OS X Lion is much faster and thoroughly integrated with all the applications. It includes new a feature called Launchpad, which avoids searching for a specific application in your system. Using this application you can access each and every application in a full screen mode. When it comes to the processing speed, Snow Leopard is better compared to Lion. Mac OS X Lion includes various added features but it is not perfectly tuned in terms of performance. Similar to the previous version of the Mac OS, data loss is the common problem in the Mac OS X Lion too. You can even recover images after digital camera firmware error due to firmware flash failure or firmware corruption.
When you delete a photo, audio or video file from your CF memory card, it will not get deleted permanently, instead pointers pointing to that particular file are deleted and mark that space as free to use. Actually, the file which is deleted is not visible to you, but it is still present until a new file is saved over that free space.
The chief few reasons leading to photo loss in CF memory cards on Mac OS X Lion are as follows:
- Accidental Deletion of files: You may accidentally delete photos from CF cards using Shift + Command key combination on Mac OS X or might accidentally format the CF card thus resulting in data loss. Data loss can also occur if you transfer or copy files from one storage medium to the other storage medium.
- Virus Attack: Viruses such as malware, spyware, Trojans, adware, computer worms etc., are the most widespread cause of data loss in memory cards. These virus damage important system files as a result of which storage device fails to boot, leading to data loss.
- File System Corruption: Improper start up procedures and abruptly removing the CF card from the card reader can lead to file system corruption thus resulting in huge data loss.
To overcome from above mentioned scenarios, you should make a habit of keeping a backup of your important files. Do not use the affected Compact Flash memory card to save any new files because, new files may overwrite your previous deleted data. As, overwriting may lead to permanent data loss. Once you come to know that your CF card is corrupted or your files have been deleted accidentally, remove that card from the device to avoid overwriting operations. Connect it to your system through card reader and recover your deleted or lost image files using relevant photo recovery software. It is an effective recovery tool, which helps you to retrieve pictures from SD card and you can even get back lost or deleted files and folders from other types of memory cards like CF, MMC and XD memory cards and capable of recovering and restoring digital RAW images from all popular brands of digital cameras like Olympus, Fujifilm, Nikon, Sony, Canon etc. To know more details, click here https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/recover-photos-sd-card.html.
Advanced photo recovery software is non destructive and read only software, which helps you to recover your deleted or lost or corrupted image files from CF cards on Mac OS X Lion. This software uses powerful inbuilt algorithms, which scans your memory card quickly. You can download the demo version of this software. Using this recovery tool you can also restore pictures from SanDisk MicroSDHC card that are lost due to format error or after File system corruption. For complete information, click here https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/recover-photos-from-sandisk-microsdhc-card.html. The software recovers more than 280 file types and also facilitates recovery of files from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, Ext FAT drive.
Steps to recover image files from CF card on Mac OS X Lion:
- Connect the Compact Flash memory card via card reader. Download and install the demo version of this software in the hard drive of your computer. After successful installation, select “RECOVER PHOTOS” from the main screen.
- After that you will get a new window with options such as “RECOVER DELETED PHOTOS” and “RECOVER LOST PHOTOS”. Choose the 1st option to recover deleted photos.
- After that select the memory card as the logical drive from which the images are to be recovered and then click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After scanning is completed, you can see all the images recovered from the CF card on Mac OS X Lion. You can preview the recovered photos by clicking on "Preview" option.
Fig 1 : Main Screen
Fig 2 : Select Recovery Option
Fig 3 : Select Drive
Fig 4 : View Recovered Photos