Lost images from flash memory card during data transfer?
The immediate thing you should do is search in both camera as well as the hard drive of your computer. If you have used Cut the photos and somehow failed to paste the photos due to some reason then, try to paste it in the computer’s hard drive. If it is done then you can easily get your photos back.
If it is not working, then Picture recovery software will definitely retrieve images lost from flash memory card. The software does not modify the original contents of the photo during the recovery process by assuring a completely safe and risk free recovery process which is why most of the Industry Experts as well as passionate customers love using it. This software also helps to retrieve deleted Canon PowerShot Camera images after using “Shift+Delete” keys or lost due to memory card corruption.
Before discussing the features of the software and recovery process, let us go though some common scenarios that can cause photo loss during the transfer process.
Circumstances that result in photo loss during the transfer process:
- After connecting the camera to your computer and starting the photo transfer process, you might have accidentally disconnected the data wire of the camera. As a result the photos which are not yet transferred are lost. To know more details to retrieve images lost from flash memory card of digital camera, click here https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/deleted-camera-pictures.html.
- If there is not enough space in your computer’s drive to which the photos are being transferred then the photo transfer will not be completed until some free disk space is available. If you keep on transferring the photos by using “Cut-Paste” options, then the photos will be lost.
- If suddenly power goes off while transferring the photos, then the transfer process will be interrupted. As a result the photos may be lost due to interruption in the transfer process. Apart from that accidental shut down or removing the memory card forcibly before the transfer process is over, can also lead to photo loss. For more details, visit here https://www.advancedphotorecovery.com/restore-pictures-after-digital-camera-firmware-error.html.
- If the photos are affected by Virus, then when you transfer them from the camera to the computer the antivirus software in your computer may delete the photos automatically (if it is severely corrupted and cannot repaired by the antivirus program). Thus the virus is removed but the photos are lost.
Things to be taken care of after photo loss:
- Do not save any new files or pictures into the memory card as it may overwrite the existing photos in it.
- Do not install the Photo Recovery software on the memory card as it may lead to permanent loss of photos from the memory card.
- It is better to use the demo version of any photo recovery software in order to estimate the recovery chances.
- If you are satisfied with the demo version’s performance you can then go for the full version of that photo recovery software.
Some capabilities and features of Advanced Photo Recovery software:
- The advanced photo recovery software works well with both on Windows as well as Mac OS X and can retrieve images lost from flash memory card by pressing delete all button. It can recover photos from recycle bin and Trash folder that are deleted or lost on Windows and Mac systems respectively.
- It can execute photo recovery on different type of memory cards successfully. For e.g it allows you to more effectively undelete images from SanDisk microSDHC card irrespective of the type of data loss scenario.
- Supported Storage Device: USB memory card, Hard drive (SATA / ATA / PATA / SCSI / IDE etc.), Pen drive, Floppy Drive, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick DUO, Memory Stick PRO DUO, Compact Flash Card, Digital Cell Phone, Digital Camera, Camcorder, FireWire Drive, Apple iPod (like Mini, Classic, Shuffle, Nano) and many more.
- This tool can recover pictures from formatted memory card of different types such as SD card, Micro SD card, Mini SD card, xD card, Multi Media Card (MMC).
- Supported Memory card Brands: Kingston, SanDisk, Transcend, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, HP, Toshiba, Lexar and many more.
- This software can recover lost / deleted RAW photo file formats from memory card of the various popular digital cameras like it can very easily recover deleted NEF files from Nikon Camera.
- It can even retrieve images lost from flash memory card from various popular digital camera brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Kodak, FujiFilm, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Leica, Samsung, HasselBlad, Minolta, Casio etc.
Procedure to retrieve images lost from flash memory card:
- Connect the flash memory card to the computer via card reader. Download and install the demo version of the photo recovery software in the hard drive of your computer. After successful installation, select “Recover Photos” from the main screen
- After that you will get a new window with options such as “Recover Deleted Photos” and “Recover Lost Photos”. Choose the 2nd option to restore lost images from the flash memory card
- After that select the flash memory card as the logical drive from which the photos are to be recovered and then click on “Next” to start the scanning process
- After scanning is completed, you can view all the images recovered from the flash memory card along with their details.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Fig 2: Select the Mode of Photo Recovery
Fig 3: Choose the Logical Drive
Tips to avoid photo loss in future:
- Try to make proper usage of the memory card during the data transfer process.
- You can use UPS to avoid photo loss because of power fluctuation.
- The best option to avoid photo loss in the future is to take backup on a regular basis. The photos can be easily restored from the backup files if they are deleted / lost due to any reason in the future.